Tuesday 21 January 2014

Feather hair

After having a month of hardly any motivation or ideas for drawing I finally got something. I was listening to some Florence and the Machine for the first time in some years and I thought of a nature themed piece that was going to be a vector style piece. What I was originally aiming for was one of those hair flip things in water, something like this...


But after trying to draw it out, it proved to be harder than first thought (not helped by the fact I was using a new program 'PaintTool SAI')...

So instead of throwing it away another idea came to me...




Trying to form more of a shape for the 'parrot
like' hairstyle, along with trying to
add new colours to the face and neck.
I actually had the sketch of the head from
another abandoned drawing idea, lucky
in the sense I didn't have to draw a head
again :) Pretty much putting down some
base colours here.



I worked on the face mostly as I began
because I was dreading when I had
to work on the hair properly...
Finished mostly on the face, added piercings
because piercings are awesome.























I'm no pro at this program or drawing feathers...
Put the two together and you get this...
They more look like leaves to me, there's
always room to improve.



After struggling through the rest of the hair I added some effects in Photoshop and edited
the brightness in places until I was happy with it.
And it's finished!


-Pinzby

No comments:

Post a Comment